Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #29
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
I thought I read that, too, and was looking for it before I posted but couldn't find it, so thanks.

The bone bruising issue in my opinion puts Songbird on the trail of regression rather than progression for future starts. I guess it will come down to whether Hollendorfer has been going all-in in these races knowing that her number of starts is limited or has been trying to hold something in reserve for the end of the year.
It's concerning, for sure. But to the best of my knowledge, horses can come back from even severe bone bruising (let's say hers was severe since it took so long to come back) to the top of their game. Chrome was one of recent. I'm trying to recollect. Did he hit his best gear right after returning or did it take him a few races?

I'm a fan of the filly's, but like everyone else, I want to be wow'd, either by the time or ease of winning or something. These last 2 weren't wow races, but there were extenuating circumstances to not overestimate how bad her win was. 1 1/4 miles in second race, deep track, not being acclimated to the extreme heat/humidity, going cross country, and giving 9-13 pounds going 1 1/4 miles.

So let's see how she does in her next one. Almost doesn't seem right to be so negative on a win.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most