Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 10:03 AM   #8
levinmpa

I remember walking into a racebook one day and asking the "regulars" how they were doing. One guy says I've lost 26 straight photos. My reply to him was, "and you're still playing?"

I think that different people handle negative streaks differently. If it were me, whether it was a bad streak of losing photos or 20 consecutive losing races, I would take a step back. Take a day or 2 off and do something that will take your mind off the situation. Perhaps you're someone that has handled losing streaks well and can get through it doing your normal routine. What you can't do is "reach" for winners, making wagers that you normally wouldn't make, just to end the streak. This is a path that has ruined many a good horseplayer. Be very careful. You know yourself better than anyone. Remember that things tend to even out over the long term.

Good luck.
levinmpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement