Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: HHX program
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 07:01 PM   #1
headhawg
crusty old guy

HHX program

Over the last few months a couple of members contacted me asking me if I am going to work again on Handifast or anything else. While it's true I helped with some of the code on Handifast, that program was always Handiman's baby which was based on douglasw32's original VB program. Handiman continued to develop Handifast until his health no longer let him spend much time on it. (I hope Handiman is doing well.)

Lately I have had the bug to write code. Mostly this was in response to a family pet dying recently; I needed to keep my mind occupied as a distraction. So I thought what the hell...I'll dig up my old ideas based on my version of Handifast which I had named Handifast HHX. For all intents and purposes this new program is the spiritual successor to Handifast. Why just "spiritual"? None of the code is the same (different language). None of the algorithms are the same. None, as in zero. But the general idea of HHX is the same as Handifast and other similar programs -- the user chooses from a list of factors, assigns points or weights to the factors, the program does some magical calculations, and the information is output to the screen so that the user can make a betting decision.

I've attached a couple of screenshots, mostly to show that I am actually working on this. The interface is a work-in-progress, so don't take anything to the bank. It is clearly not finished but should give an idea of how things function. Same thing goes for the factor list; they are placeholders at the moment.

I don't know when (or if) I will finish the code. I tend to start projects and not complete them. But I have a strong desire to finish this as I still need to keep my mind occupied. If all goes according to plan I should have a beta version released toward the end of January. The HHX Basic version will be free to use, and hopefully PA Mike will let members download from this site. (I am not sure what the finished file size will be but I know it will be larger than I what I can upload.) If that is not possible I will upload it to a cloud site, and with Mike's permission post a link here.

Please remember that coding is a hobby for me; I am not a professional. Contrary to what a former vendor here wrote, I never bragged about my programming skills. That said I try not to do shoddy work. If you have any questions just post them here. I will try to answer as soon as possible.

Attached Images
File Type: png main_screen.png (81.6 KB, 167 views)
File Type: png config_screen.png (21.1 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by headhawg; 12-22-2022 at 07:02 PM.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)