Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #100
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Sports bettors are horse bettors? Please give the percentage because if its 25% or higher you should be made commissioner of sports wagering. I will even nominate you.

Where are all the young guys wagering on sports playing the horses? I wear glasses and still don't see them.

How many people go to the track from September to June? All there is to wager on in summer is baseball most gamblers (excluding the pros) take a break from that

Most people who make a nice hit at the track leaves with a check after mandatory takeout. I don't have a clue what a sports gambler would do in regards to cashing but the possibility remains.

Since you make a big deal out of Will Hill how are they doing in the NJ poker market? Lets also throw Betfair into that equation.

A wiseguy or his employee from any country isn't going to stand for waiting at a track to wager on events. Lines can fluctuate quickly and most just want to hit the middle. Sometimes even sixty seconds can dissuade one from making a bet because the line jumped that fast. You need to watch or rewatch

Sports Betting: Billy Walters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6FAUQ6SFKM
I come into contact with race and sports bettors at Tahoe books around 4 days a week.
One of the books (the worst one) is William Hill.

I know for a fact that over 90% of the sports bettors (average age 30) want nothing to do with the race simulcasts going on around them. The race bettors (average age close to 60) are the only ones betting horses,
apart from the rare bird who bets both for the hell of it.

Getting back to William Hill, I bet that they are regretting getting into this market so early. The US version of Will Hill (in Nevada at least) has little resemblance to the UK model. They are an offshoot of Cal Neva/Lucky's with many of the same execs taking down lucrative salaries for mediocre results.

Yes, William Hill is now established in the Nevada market, and is looking to expand here should they get the chance.
This has come about, however, at a pretty high cost.
Costs remain constant, or rise, as they wait for an ease in sports betting opposition.
They may be waiting a long time.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.

Last edited by horses4courses; 07-08-2014 at 11:56 AM.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.