Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 02:43 AM   #15
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
My two cents worth... Bonds, it was said, was very jealous of McGwire and Sammy sooser during the 1998 HR race. Bonds was worlds better than those two guys yet he felt he was being ignored. Thus, he juiced

Roger.... Think of sandy Koufax in his farewell to baseball speech in 66. He was taking cortisone shots left and right to ease the pain just to get to the next start. I don't approve, but I can see why pitchers would try to juice if they thought it would ease the pain.... Now that I'm older I see the nonsense in it, but pitchers live start to start.

What roger did was wrong. Plain and simple. But he was as good as any SP I ever saw before juicing. I just can't deny his greatness, or his embarrassing on field behavior at times.

We teach our kids in chess classes not to cheat.... Only desperate, less than competent players cheat, we preach and preach. If only society was as acceptable of the advise....
The unfortunate thing is that there is no clear indication of when Roger Clemens started juicing. But there is irrefutable evidence that steroids were a part of MLB long before the drug problem received headline attention. For instance, former MLB pitcher Tom House, who also became an author and pitching coach, admitted that he "used steroids that they wouldn't give to a horse"...during his playing career. Performance-enhancing drug use was RAMPANT during his playing career, House said...and he played from 1971-1978! To quote Tom House:

"At least six or seven pitchers on every team were at least experimental users of steroids and growth hormone. In fact, after losses, the players would frequently joke that they had been out-milligrammed, rather than beaten."

Where is the real proof that Roger was juicing only during the latter part of his playing career?

» Advertisement