Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 12:37 PM   #5572
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
I never said any such thing. For the record I believe that the universe is infinitely complex. Every answer reveals new questions and the cycle goes on forever. We will never know everything else under the sun.
Really? "Infinitely complex", heh? So you believe in the biological principle of Irreducible Complexity, do you?

And thanks for implying (albeit unwittingly) that evolution BEGS the QUESTION at every turn. "Every answer reveals new questions". As you have said, it's an endless cycle. Can we not, by your own words, infer that evolution could be likened to a cat mindlessly chasing his tail in endless circles?

Quote:
I doubt that?
You asking or telling me? And by the way, when you write your tomes and accuse me of misusing the laws of logic, you need to demonstrate how specifically, I have done that. Just leveling the charge, apart from providing concrete proof ain't going to cut it. (Forgive my poor vernacular. I haven't had enough dark java yet.) Just as I can demonstrate how a law has been violated, you too, since you're making the claim, must demonstrate by quoting me and showing how I violated the proper use of any given law. Additionally, you must also provide non-mathematical examples of what you consider to be proper use of the law so that all would be able to clearly see the differences between that and improper use clearly. Believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to your fluff pieces.

Quote:
Thanks for admitting that. "Ad hominem" translates "against the man". It means you advance no argument, offer no counter-argument. It is the last refuge of one who has no argument.
You need to get on some heavy dosages of anti-projection drugs.

Quote:
I have never taken any position on any of those propositions. In fact I have been very careful to avoid taking a position. Those are philosophical issues in which I have no interest.
This is not a philosophical issue. It's a physical science issue. In fact, it really is a self-evident physical science issue. No logical inferences are required. If you remove all Matter from Space we are left with NOTHING! For that matter (good pun intended) this planet would cease to exist No one would be around to physically observe anything. And I have given the empty room analogy more than once. Just as a room's furnishings, decor, etc. define what kind of room it is, likewise the Matter that occupies Space tells us that Space exists.

Quote:
In exactly what posts? Quote exactly what I said. If you cannot do both then your examples are not concrete.
I answered this last night. I'm not repeating myself. Learn to pay attention.

Quote:
And may you and Rev. Graham have a nice time when finally you meet. Oh, wait. Rev. Graham did not belong to your church which means he'll be with the Dahli Llama and me.
I think the probabilities on that are pretty Slim. This is because he's dead. So that leaves you with just 0% probability for your scenario. Mr. None rules the day.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)