Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

I did not read up. I am gathering the collected tax would be paid to the state where the item was delivered to, with the logic that the purchaser bought something out of state to avoid paying tax if they had a choice between buying something in state or out of state. What happens if a person lives in the Confederacy where certain items are not available. I buy from local merchants whenever possible, I don't mind paying more. I am a small machine shop who moved from California to Virginia. When in California I used to buy most of my high end cutting tools 10 miles away in the same city. Here in the Confederacy there is not a high end cutting tool seller in the whole state, so I buy all my cutting tools from out of state. For that reason why in hell should I pay sales tax to Virginia for something I bought from a company in New Jersey, when in fact the item is not available in my state?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)