Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 11:38 AM   #32
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Those obvious fast pace races for very inexperienced horses like in the Gotham can be tricky.

There are horses you almost certain are going to go and likely to suffer from the pace. You can toss those.

There are horses that have shown a willingness to rate and finish at shorter distances, but you don’t know if they can rate and finish going longer.

There are horses that can sit just off the pace going longer, but will they take back further or get drawn into pace if it gets extreme. If it’s fast but doesn’t get extreme, they may be in the perfect spot instead of disadvantaged. But if it’s extreme, they are at a big disadvantage.

There are horses you know are going to close and take advantage of the pace, but are they good enough if it doesn’t get extreme?

I’m sick that I screwed that one up. I overthought the race.
Gotham was a chaos race going in.

14 to the gate in a 1 turn mile and 8 to 10 true front-running types (at least what we know thus far in their careers).

was an absolute must send, which meant would also send, and I saw the as the speed of the speed. That is exactly what happened, and other speed fell right in line behind.

I bet the across as my lone wager in the race and he stumbled at the break and lost his jock.

Serious congrats to TLG and CJ for nailing that race.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)