Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 02:33 PM   #18
Sheffwed

actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
One of my very favorite things about pathetic haters like you is your ability to say stupid things simply in an attempt, attempts that consistently fall flat, to insult me.
I was thinking mostly about the history of myopia from racing journalists like Bill Finley, who thought Betfair should be banned from the US (huh?), or the late Paul Moran who probably went to his deathbed thinking Easy Goer was better than Sunday Silence (speaking of Japan)

but of course your definitive "never" statement fits in nicely to be sure

NY racing is on a decline, the quality of Aqueduct racing has been terrible of late for just one example, even if not quite falling apart to the degree being seen in California, and wait until we have the "new" diminished Belmont - how will all this not affect our ability to compete going forward in big races?

And how many times have we had a wild longshot - at least once a decade, including just last year - what do you know, a horse won the Derby who nobody gave a second thought to - let alone the likes of Mine that Bird, Giacomo and Country House in 2019 was perhaps the weakest Derby winner of our generation

Look at the last 5 Kentucky Derbies - two of the last 5 were won by those who didn't cross the wire first (!), one time the race was in the fall due to the pandemic, one was Country House and the other was Rich Strike! Lots of predictability there

Seriously, I would bet a lot of money on a winner of the Derby over the next 5 years coming from overseas if there was a way to bet on that and the odds were right

Anyway, here in 2023, if you bet on "everyone else" in the Future Pools so far, I guess you got both the Baffert horses if they switch to other trainers + all the overseas possibilities - if only the odds on that were better than 2-1, it would have been real value

Last edited by Sheffwed; 02-15-2023 at 02:35 PM. Reason: typo fix last sentence
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)