Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 08:17 AM   #67
romankoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
With the "chaos" involved in the 10-horse race, and the high parimutuel takeout that is exacted...isn't it possible that NO ONE can win without a substantial rebate? Is there proof out there to suggest that the non-rebated player can still beat this game?
I can only go on what I have been told mostly and in a handful of situations of bettors I have known who won while I knew them. One I knew has passed away but he was exceptionally good with place bets (1,2,3 in Aus). Another guy I knew years ago only bet on the shortest priced favourites also for the place. He used to put $10K for a place right at the start of the betting for the day which made the odds terrible as the pool size wasn't all that big. The poor possible div had other punters betting other runners for their better price and his would eventually drift An exceptional div for him was $3 for a $2 outlay (using USA odds/bet size).
He told me when he had a losing day (one bet per day btway) it took him several weeks to recoup his losses.
Here in Aus winning punters are banned or have their bet sizes dramatically reduced. They don't do that for losers so there must be some winners.
romankoz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)