Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #44
2low

I haven't died And I have new emoticons!

The quest for black box glory (BBG) continues. I have now logged roughly 150 bets each Win, Place and Show with my "current" final version. It's a good news/bad news update.

The good: All three bets are returning results consistent with one another.
The bad: All three bets are returning a net loss. The losses, though, are far better than take-out, at a rounded -6% for each bet, so that's somewhat of a positive. I'm officially break even.

The future: I am seeing new data within the data, and have refined formulas to capture what I think will be additional goodness to use in the future. I just need to start the f all over again to incorporate it

The unknown: Exacta and Trifecta results are bad, but sample sizes are very small and need to be far larger than WPS bets to learn anything I'd think. I do believe that my new data will improve EX and TR bet decisions and structure a whole lot.

I discovered tournaments recently, and have found them to be every bit as awesomely frustrating as win bets. I've been using my new data and discretion to "profit" on my tournament picks had they been live W/P bets, which is good. Data is scant, though, and I eventually have to translate my discretion to code. With any luck, I can stop finishing on the bubble and just lose with no hope in the future, which would arrest my downward trending life expectancy line. Or start winning. That would be just about as good
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)