Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #36
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsbag View Post
Bob,

I was happier when you attacked me and was sort of hoping we could engage in an all-out flame war. I'm looking for a way to earn a highly coveted PA red card without making it too obvious.

Regards,
Dinny

For all those who liked the video, this should interest you as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZVKt2aA9jg

A great feature that I wish NYRA had continued.
Hey Dinny,

That would have been some flame war but given our similar propensity for satirical debunking of irrational racing mythology I fear we are doomed to being on the same side on most issues.

Thanks for the Cordero interview video. Really brings back memories. I think Angel was a bit too self critical of his ride on Slew. No force on Earth could have gotten a better performance out of the great horse given the suicidal pace duel he endured.
Truth be known, I used to hate Cordero for his "race riding" antics. I recall in one race when he was riding Slew O Gold (I think) against Bates Motel and he deliberately swung way wide on the far turn to get his rival to lose ground, as if not realizing he was doing the same to his own horse. In the end Highland Blade came up the inside and beat them both.
What really got me was when he struck my beloved Genuine Risk in the face with his whip when she was making her move against him on Codex in the Preakness.

Best wishes,
Bob
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)