Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Book
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 10:46 PM   #3
QuarterCrack

On the subject of this book, I will share something I discovered for those who are really interested or became super-infatuated with finding a hard copy, as I did several years ago, with no luck:

There was a book put out in 1937 called "How To Select Winning Horses", by Montee Publishing, which appears to essentially be a reissue of "Consistent Handicapping Profits". I can't say that for sure (not having literally compared the two side-by-side), but it certainly appears to contain all of the same information, based on what I know and have seen of each (I do own a copy of "How to Select Winning Horses" and I have seen exerpts and read Jerry Brown's review of "Consistent Handicapping Profits".) All the charts, graphs, discussion of speed figures and variants, wind adjustments, ground loss, etc. etc. are in there. E.W. Donaldson is listed as one of the writers, so it's probably a good substitute for "Consistent Handicapping Profits" if you're looking for a hard copy and don't feel like paying $1,000 for it.

I forget what I paid for it about a decade ago, but it was pretty short money if I recall, and certainly nothing on the level of $1,000.

All that said, it's nice you're offering a soft copy of the original, that's really cool. I definitely would have gone that route during my obsessively frustrating time trying to find the book back in the day - it would have saved me a lot of headache!
QuarterCrack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)