Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Derby Figs
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 09:38 AM   #26
classhandicapper

I'll add one thing. If you are going to do your own ground loss notes, find a replay source that gives you the head-on view. It's way easier to determine which path each horse was in at various stages of the race from the head-on than the pan shot. I would say 85% of my time is spent watching head-on replays both for the start and ground loss. The only reason I watch the pan shot is that it's sometimes easier to see the the "steadied", "checked", "bad start" trips and how much it cost the horse. Then when combined with the head-on you can see what actually happened and caused it, whether the horse was actually blocked or empty etc..

It's very time consuming to do ground loss for each horse. That goes double if it's a very large field with 2 or 3 turns. What I do is probably overkill. I need to streamline it a bit, but part of what I am doing is helping me figure out which ground related trips matter the most and which don't matter much at all.

There were so many stakes last weekend, I'd say I spent around 10-15 hours just doing ground loss, bias, race flow, and trips for all those races this week. In time, hopefully I'll be able to just focus on what's important and free time for other more productive things.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-12-2020 at 09:53 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most