Thread: Florida Derby
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 01:05 PM   #26
rsetup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Sharp analysis.
I agree that Three Rules is a better horse than State Of Honor. I'm betting on the probability of either ground-loss, or premature energy usage with Three Rules, (as well as much of the field vs. State of Honor).
On that same wave, in spite of both being 'speeds', I don't feel they are mutually exclusive.
Ideally, SOH 'plays' the first turn, and high-cruises, sucking-up near the lead to hit the board. SOH seems less likely to be pace-dependent.

Gunnervera is solid. If a decent 1st-turn, and 4 disappoints, could tackle the pace fairly easily.

I needed SOH in the Macho Man and got skunked. He couldn't beat Pletcher's 2nd stringer. His TAM races are ok and I wouldn't be surprised if he got a piece. I'll certainly use him in tri's. But the is just a stickout chart play. And even if he doesn't get it done, I think the has potential to be a nice horse. Jury is out for me on the . No idea what he's capable of.
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)