Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #1188
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Fine...a 17 year old adult. Either way, he was 17 and is now dead. Who cares if he's called a kid or adult?

I never said he was gunned down for no reason and I certainly didn't say Zimmerman wasn't arrested because Trayvon is black. The race card didn't get entered into the equation until Sharpton and Jackson got involved. That drew in the crazies from both sides. I said Zimmerman was overzealous (my opinion) and because of it, a 17 year old is dead.

Maybe I'm wrong and Martin was the aggressor. But that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

My point was Boxhair is (really) involved in this because of Trayvon's race. Do I need to remind people that Boxhair was trying to suggest the skittles Trayvon bought (which we saw on video) was made up and the skittles was a slang drug reference? He's grasping at straws and throwing as much shit against the wall hoping some sticks as possible.
Chill out, Hossy, and take a deep breath. And "Skittles" IS a slang drug reference. Look it up. Google it. And Skittles can also be used in DXM cocktails because they are very sweet.

And I have been pretty much on target with Martin from the git go. I knew this "kid" was "dirty" the moment I found out that so much background info on him was scrubbed from the internet, and how the MM went out of its way to portray a sweet, innocent image of him. Common sense should tell most people, that someone was very interested in hiding unflattering and unseemly things about Martin's short life. (This accounts for the delay also between the time he was shot and about 3.5 weeks later when someone decided to make the shooting a big story. The time was needed to scrub and, of course, for the parents to get a hold of a civil rights attorney.)
Everything I have learned indicates that this was a very troubled young man.

He lacked self-esteem and self-respect by referring to himself as "niggar".

He was a product of a broken home.

He was attracted to physical violence like a fly to manure.

He was very much involved and fascinated with the drug culture, and no doubt was a user and quite possibly a dealer, as well.

And the language he used on FB seems to indicate he was equally enthralled with the "gangsta" culture.

His autopsy tested positive for drug use. Toxicology report, however, still pending.

He was constantly in trouble at school having been suspended five times.

He was suspected of theft.

As Job would have said about Martin, this man was "born for trouble" (Job 5:7). This kind of profile of a young, immature black adolescent suggests to me that Martin could have indeed been the aggressor with Zimm, as Zimm has claimed. Remember: the autopsy report showed Martin's knuckles bruised and banged up, whereas Zimm had no such signs on his fists. This fact, too, supports Zimm's story. If Zimm had launched an attack on Martin, are we to believe that Zimm didn't even land so much as one good punch!? But on the other hand, if Martin had "suckered punched", blindsided or ambushed Zimm, one punch could have have knocked Zimm to the ground and account for how he got so beaten up.

All of this isn't to say that Zimm was a perfect human being either. But Zimm's life was a lot more together, and he often involved himself with people in a good way-- with trying to help people. Conversely, Martin's involvement with people seemed to frequently come at the end of his fists, getting himself into other kinds of trouble which made other peoples' lives miserable, or when possibly dealing drugs to people or trading notes with other druggies on FB on how to get the best highs, etc.

In short, Martin was probably not the kind of guy to cut his losses and just walk away from potential trouble -- as he could have done if he had just continued on home after visual contact had been lost between him and Zimm. His deep involvement quite possibly in the gangsta culture and very likely in the drug culture, and the strong influence these things would have exerted upon his mind, and probably his disdain for authority, as well, would have pressed upon him to confront the white man who had been following him. And that choice HE made proved to be fatal, if this is how it went down.

Boxcar

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)