Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 02:20 PM   #19
AutumnLotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
It's certainly good to review what came in each day that you handicap and try to discern what you may have done better. Really though you want to eventually reach a point where you actually know what you did was the right thing even when it loses. Otherwise you're going to be one of those people who has pretty much a new tweaked system/method with every new card that comes along based upon what 'worked' in those 8 or 9 races they ran yesterday. Everyone really should study the predictive value of the inputs that they use, so if you use prime power, know how often it wins, if you use Beyer speed figures have a very good idea of how often they hold up on all surfaces. Know how often these types of races are won wire to wire. Know when the rail is not a good post position for this type of horse etc. How often is this type of trip a winning one? We can go on and on but if you're going to be any good at separating horses these things need to be 'known' to you even if they're typically little details, little things are sometimes decisive and will go right under the radar both before and after the races.
VERY WELL SAID!

There is a ton of wisdom and avenues to traverse in your post, which I could spend hours meticulously responding to.

I'll say this though; I agree first off wholeheartedly with everything you said and I believe the things that you mentioned are the hallmarks of an avid handicapper one with many years of experimental Experience that is only acquired by years of one's own self exploration into this sport/ the art or mant signs if you prefer of handicapping. And it is folks like myself I believe that recognize by and large through experience the particular set of qualities and or skills in another player Such as yourself that is also a hallmark to be recognized as someone who has been through the struggles and breakthroughs of learning and crafting and honing our skills to the best of our ability this game and sport. Though I have been away completely for the greater part of a decade the immersion of it all within this recent year or less proved to me that knowledge I have learned in my initiation long ago and my journey into this world is similar to muscle memory that's it has come back to me. To say of course that I have not already learned a tremendous amount and I confidently say so in all the years prior combined I understand so much more of it now that I am older calmer and wiser. I'll use the example again like muscle the muscle you have when you were in your 20s was indeed muscle but the muscle now as a man it's so much more mature and thus my foray back into the world of horse racing Has been extremely enjoyable.

Going back to your reply I think a very important and wise comment you made should be a very stark warning to both amateurs and experts alike, a reminder, in reference to your comment, it is far too easy to fold in to the category of puzzle solver aka method tweaker. You are so right, Too often the pitfall of running back to the drawing board just because what worked yesterday for three races didn't work today at all. It is for sure a dangerous pitfall And possibility in this game therefore I am in complete ingredients with you to breaking down many races and really getting into the mechanics of what worked and why.
AutumnLotus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)