Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 05:02 PM   #29
Maximillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I asked a lot of questions at that meeting. They gave us some information, but not the kind of details I was trying to get from them out of self interest.

From what I gathered, it was a self learning system that used both pool and handicapping information, but the pool information seemed to be more significant. They talked a bit about betting patterns. It almost had to be a live feed of some sort but I don't know how timely it was.

What they described to us was a little mind boggling.

Once it was ready, they basically flipped an on switch, the software automatically started picking up all the required information, started making automated bets, and was learning as it went along. It was operating at both major and small tracks on huge total volume.

They were joking about not even paying attention to the results until the next day.

Their pitch was that they understood betting patterns so well, DRFBets and DRF PPs and other products could be targeted, marketed and developed way better.

I'm not sure why it wasn't pursued by the CEO because he was interested. I asked him a few times. Maybe it was cost or one of the financial guys didn't like it.
The question would then be why are they even bothering with the DRF...why not just use it themselves no?
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.