Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #1
BMustang

Belterra Must Have A Death Wish

To those of us who play the races at Belterra Park, it is home. We know the horses, jockeys and trainers, and occasionally can make a buck when the stars align and a good thing wins, such as Henny Heffner on Tuesday at 8-1.

The only downside is that we who play from home didn't get the chance to bet Henny on Tuesday, because the Belterra wagering platform was pulled from TVG and all other ADW sites I've been informed.

Belterra gets by with handle of about $500,000 a day under normal circumstances, but for the past three days, their on-track only handle has been $35,000, $25,000 and $26,000. Not $350,000 BUT $35,000. Pick Three and double pools are generating about $125 in action.

This is embarrassing, and should be embarrassing for Boyd Gaming, which was supposed to be horse racing friendly when they took over two years ago.

I was told by a Belterra insider on Tuesday, that it was the result of a dispute with the horsemen, and would be resolved on Tuesday and back up on Wednesday. Well, it's now gone three days without resolution and no word to the players via the website nor e/mail of the existing problem,nor plans to resolve it.

This is a shame, because Belterra Park is a nice place and holds a niche here in Southern Ohio and is part of the Belterra, Thistledown, Mahoning Valley circuit. I do hope they get this resolved and we can get back to providing their service to those of us who can't get the track, nor would want to bet into the meager pools if we could.

Last edited by BMustang; 09-03-2020 at 09:02 PM.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement