Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #896
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Not that I would wish this on anyone, even someone as much as I dislike as him, but this is probably going to put all business in Albany on hold for a couple days at least

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...as_died-1.html
From the article:
Quote:
… Barbara Bruno, the wife of Senate GOP leader Joe Bruno, died Monday at the couple's home in Rensselaer County after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease. She was 77.
Quote:

… Mayor Bloomberg said in a statement last night: "I have enormous admiration for the constant dedication that Joe showed to Barbara, which speaks volumes about his character."
Few who have not actually experienced the not unusual agony and futility of caring for a loved one afflicted with this disease can appreciate its sometimes wrenching effects on the families involved.

One doesn’t have to agree with Mr. Bruno’s positions or approve of his actions to feel great sympathy for him. To say that one’s judgment can be clouded under such circumstances is an understatement.

» Advertisement