Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #10
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Using BRIS, I have a "Presser Rating" I use - a combination of 2nd call and second fraction.

The logic is that is that it takes into account the turn time move associate with a presser and penalizes the turn time back up of cheap speed.

E1 = 85
E2 = 91

TT = +6, so Presser rating is 97

E1 = 92
E2 = 97

TT = -5, so PR = 92

When I use time, I just average the TT and 2nc Call ( ie, TFUS adjusted times, HTR velocity screen)

This rating came from Sartin's old program Contender Scan as Factor S. I found it to be one of the best ideas he ever had. I thing Mitchell used it also, as maybe ability time?

I agree somewhat with GUS, though - sometimes you see horse that defy being classified P, or EP or WTH? I just let the rating s decide for me.
Tom, help me to understand your figs. in the first example, E2-E1 = 91-85= +6 TT. and then it gets added to E2 , or 91+6TT for a 97 rating.

Then in 2nd example, E1-E2= 92-97 = -5 TT? then E2 + (-5) TT or 92 presser rating. I'm missing something. Why isn't the 2nd example a +5 TT like the first example?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)