Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 04:25 PM   #50
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Baffert is generally so aggressive it seemed obvious to me National Treasure was going to go from the rail. Personally, I thought Coffeewithchris had enough speed to push the pace for awhile even though he was a lower quality horse. However, the pre race comments by the connections seemed to indicate they were more inclined to try to salvage some part of the purse than take on the superior NT in a fast pace. It didn't work, but I don't think it would have mattered. Had they used that horse even harder, it might have changed the final result, but he would have lost by 30 lengths instead of 19 3/4.

I thought the major risks to Mage were that he ran a huge top last time that was no lock to be duplicated and he had the advantage of very fast pace and race that kind of collapsed last time and this pace was either going to be honest or slow. I'm not so sure which contributed to his defeat. It might have been a little of each.
My wife and I were watching. About 2 min before the start I told my wife that Bafferts horse was going to go to the lead and try to slow it down and pull away in the stretch and win easily.

When I saw the slow ass half I told her it was over. It turned out closer than I thought.

this looked telegraphed on paper. Not sure why mage got the money he did. Dumb money if you ask me

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most