Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 08:13 PM   #95
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
P-6s were vary playable prior to jackpot bets. A good P-6 player could survive the wait between scores from the 5 out of 6 consolation payouts.
I'm not disputing that at all.

I'm only saying that high variance bets can lead to results that are not necessarily indicative of your true skill level for a long time. On his life, my friend is ahead hundreds of thousands of dollars due to a single huge score. That doesn't make him a pro or even necessarily a long term winning player. To be honest, I'm all but certain if he played long enough he'd eventually go negative. That kind of thing could never happen to a win, double or exacta player. The results of low variance bets are statistically significant much faster. So you know you true level much faster. If you are winning steadily on those lower variance bets, you know you have an edge. Then it's a matter of getting enough money through the widows to go pro (which imo is the even tougher part).

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-31-2024 at 08:23 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)