Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The RNC Survey
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
boxcar

The RNC Survey

Has anyone received the survey sent out by the Republican National Committee?
For anyone with anything but mush between the ears, you realize immediately after reading the enclosed cover letter and upon perusing the survey what an insult both are to the intelligence of all thinking conservatives, but even more importantly what the unfathomable depths of self-deception must be that pervades the Party because they don't even realize how their mailing betrayed their own hypocrisy. Permit to quote an opening portion of the letter:

You know that the liberal media elities and the Obama Democrats are hoping you will put this letter down right now and do nothing....

They want you to give up, desert your Party, and walk away from your conservative principles....

So, the idea that is being conveyed here is that the Republicans are out for you -- they share the same conservative principles as you...apparently. They're sending this survey to encourage YOU to not walk away from YOUR conservative principles with which the RNC implicitly shares -- otherwise, why would they be spending their resources sending all this material out to millions of households?

But the survey sends a contradictory message. The survey would have been more suitable for liberal Democrats to take! Why in the world would a supposedly conservative political party ask fellow conservatives these kinds of questions?:

3. Do you support amnesty for illegal immigrants?

6. Are you in favor of expanded welfare benefits and ulimited eligibility to illegal immigrants who gain U.S. citizenship through an amnesty program?

9. Do you support the creation of a national health insurance plan that would be administered by bureaucrats in Washington D.C.?

15. Do you support Democrats' drive to eliminate workers' right to a private ballot when considering unionization of their place of employment?

Clearly, the real purpose behind the survey is to try to gauge the extent to which the recipients of same may have moved to the LEFT. They want to determine if the true conservative base has shrunk in the last few years.

Let me try to put this into perspective a little for you by using a religious analogy. Two strangers meet on a long train trip and engage one another in a conversation. As they talk, they discover that they're both Evangelical Christians. They both profess this. They even go so far as to share their conversion testimony with one another, etc. But after some time, one of them begins asking the other such things as: Do you think the bible is really the inspired word of God? Or... do you think the resurrection of Jesus was really a bodily resurrection? A true Evangelical would never pose such questions to another Evangleical because for true Christians these kinds of things would be fundamental tenets of their faith. They would be givens!

Likewise, no true conservative political party would ever think of insulting other conservatives by asking the kinds of questions that are presented in the survey. It truly betrays the hypocrisy of the senders and the hidden agenda behind the survey, which is really to gauge how far Left the recipients might have moved, which in turn will tell the RNC how far to left it can move! After all, the RNC would never want to offend anyone by coming off as being too conservative, would it?

I would urge all fellow conservatives out there to categorically reject this insulting survey, but at the same time don't let that prepaid postage envelope go to waste. As busy as I am with a project that I'm working on, I'm going to take the time to send the survey back to the RNC blank with my own cover letter. I don't believe the RNC will like what they read, and I will post that letter on this thread when I'm finished with it.

Boxcar

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)