Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-10-2003, 08:14 PM   #9
superfecta
no fat chicks

Re: Speck, I spect.

Quote:
Originally posted by VetScratch
It was definitely Speck, I think Larry, especially if he was the older of the two. Thought he was ruled off so many places that I was surprised to hear he got licensed at RP. Could it have been that Bobby got the license but Larry ran the show?

I also recall the White gang, so you must have had enough bad guys at RP to start a crime wave.
Thats the funny thing about that last name.I have seen it spelled both ways,so I don't know if there are two sets of brothers named Speck and Spect,or they changed spellings to keep their licence.I also heard that Larry was the main trainer.Another funny thing was that when this was going on at Remington,I never saw the descrepancies in the pools .May very have been they were that good or they thought were that slick and they weren't.
Also food for rumor...Talk came around that several times when the pick six was large,the owners of the track at that time(DeBartolos)had bought most of the outstanding #s in the possible combos for winning tickets.Didn't think much of it till one pick six ticket worth almost 225,000 lay unclaimed for almost a year, till the last possible day to cash,then(supposedly) an employee of DeBartolo came forward to claim the money.Funny stuff huh?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)