Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 12:45 PM   #4
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Same old thing. Jocks, trainers. agents..etc.. believe I should function on air as their publicity dept. Honest-even balanced- remarks result in complaint.

To their credit, my bosses understand I am diminished without freedom to speak truth as I see it and to sometimes peel back the curtain on how things work behind the scenes. My style of commentary WILL, inevitably, draw objections. I get that. So do my employers.

But the complaints get real old. And I am human.
I this life whether it be a place to eat, stay, fish, bathe we all rely on local knowledge.

Most times word of mouth.

And we want it from someone who is in the know.

That's why Mark is so good. He's wired into the Mountain in a way that almost all of us cannot be.

He lives and breaths the scene while the most of us drop in occasionally and do so on a TV or computer screen.

As a player I'm looking for the host to tell me something I can't know because I'm not there. Either during that day or more importantly PAST days thereby allowing me to incorporate previous event information.

It's this unique insight that makes Mark amongst the ELITE in what he does.

We're lucky to have him.

» Advertisement