Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #6
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
Santa Anita is my favorite track, by a long shot. But this is not the time for alterations to race day medication policy. The idea that in the middle of this track surface disaster these morons dreamed this up so questionable.

Who is going to run horses here? I mean for real? Track surface clearly isn't right and you're basically asking every trainer to start from scratch in their barn learning who can run without lasix.

If I'm being honest this feels like a self destructive move, noone could think this is a good idea RIGHT NOW. Perhaps at some point, but RIGHT NOW? It makes no sense.
Here's a radical possibility.

Let's say that what you and I think will happen happens here. I.e., there is such a shortage of horses who can run without Lasix that fields simply do not fill and Stronach is unable to run race cards.

Doesn't that position TSG perfectly to say to the people of California "that's it, we can't conduct the sport safely here, so we will go ahead and redevelop the incredibly valuable land we hold in Arcadia and Albany"?

You might have just seen the first step of the process by which TSG pulls out of California and closes down its tracks....
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement