Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #83
toddbowker
Todd Bowker

As others have mentioned, the track doesn't bear the impact of the negative pool, unless the money is bet on-track. The stewards would have no way of knowing where the bridgejumpers made the bets while they are in the middle of watching a race, and they probably wouldn't have saved the track any money even if they did. Everyone can take off the tinfoil hats about the bridgejumper being the cause of the DQ.

As for the Ed Vomacka bashing, it's totally uncalled for. I have known Ed for a long time, and from my history of dealing with him, he is a good Racing Secretary (and a great guy to boot).

I worked as an official with Vince Clark, and also worked meets with Joe Deluca and Daryl Parker as Stewards. All decent guys who have been officials around Ohio for a long time. You might disagree with the decision, but the Stewards aren't evil, or incompetent.

From the media reports, the Stewards have been warning the jockeys about this type of thing, and it sounds like they have been ignoring it. The fact that one of the jockeys lost his irons speaks volumes as to why they made the decision to DQ the horse. We wouldn't be having this conversation if the jockey came off the horse as a result.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)