Thread: ALL DATA Free
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #33
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcon04
Raybo

I just got your spreadsheet to open so it works great that's big for a non techi thanks for the great instructions.
here is my ? I use a laptop and it doesn't show much on the screen.By
the time i scroll I kind of lose a lot..Not complaining!!
Can it print out now? or will it be able to smeday?Do i need to buy a big
monitor.My laptop screen is about 13". Sorry if this is a stupid ? but like I said
I'm a newbie to computers and excel..

Pcon
Pcon,

I have not tried to tackle a printing macro, due to all the problems one would incur in such an endeavor. I'm not very good with VBA (that's Harry's forte), and I'm assuming that VBA would be needed to create code good enough to be usable by all the myriad of printers, monitor sizes, etc..

I tried to scale the Summaries small enough so that the users could print them easily enough. There is a lot of data in the Past Performances and Pace Ratings views which would make things pretty tough on someone trying to print them. I have been able to print them, separately, in landscape mode, but it took awhile to get the print areas set right.

As far as viewing the spreadsheet on a monitor, you could decrease your zoom setting in order to see more columns on your 13" monitor, but then you have the problem of fonts being so small that they are almost unreadable.

I designed AllData on a 22" widescreen and I can see each of the views width-wise at about 90% zoom. I assumed that most users have upgraded to larger widescreen monitors, at least on their desktops.

About all I can suggest is to reduce your zoom, if that doesn't produce something readable, you could always create your own views, leaving out data that you don't need to see.

If you need some help creating smaller views (with less data), let me know what data you need and I'll guide you through getting that data moved to another area of your workbook. Once that is done you should be able to view and print the new view(s) fairly well.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)