Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #66
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I will run the numbers, but I already know it isn't nearly as common as a steady declining or inclining pattern. In many races the entire field will follow the same type pattern, to varying degrees of course. For example, when races fall apart, something like a 100, 80, 60, even the deep closer will often show a declining figure pattern. They just decline less than the rest of them.
Thanks cj. Am looking forward to the result. The author of the article on another thread with the Travers article trying to explain the poor time for the race had the same point about how this pattern is relatively uncommon in U.S. dirt racing compared to Europe. I think my Belmont race analysis is another example that explains the effect on speed figures along with the poor time. While it is less common here when it does occur it seems to be a potent factor. The good thing about the TimeformUS figures is that they include the pace figures and splits for the first 3 calls where the pattern is evident when it occurs. I wonder if an algorithm could be found to quantify this effect, but in any case, just eye balling the figures can give a good feel or its effect qualitatively.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)