Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #14
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabe
Good report. You were spot-on with your observations.

I, myself, like to sit around the walking ring between races; you can usually get a seat anytime (of course big days like the Sunshine Millions & The Derby, that's not true). Also like the Tiki Hut area between races ; grab a beer & sit at the picnic tables. The "Beach" area...same thing.
Unless you buy a reserved seat (even on weekdays), it's tough to view the races live. Climb halfway up the flight of stairs at the finish line & watch from there.
I agree. That is an ideal spot. I was there for 3 days a few years ago, and spent most of the time at one of the bars upstairs (by the room where the shows are supposed to be).

My take when I went there is that they intentionally minimzed the number of places where you could just hang around and not spend any money between races (like in the grandstand). They wanted you either in the restaurant, at a bar, or near a TV so you'd bet more. If you want a seat, you've gotta pay for it. They didn't want the guy who did nothing but play a race every 30 minutes.

The trip report was spot on- the place has its plusses no doubt. But I wouldn't want to be there on a real busy day. I think I was there 2d weekend in March and that Saturday was busy enough for me.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)