Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEJAS KIDD
It's like a pro quarterback throwing a bad interception and then being hesitant the next time he has to throw the same pass. He's a pro and has the confidence of a pro but theres always that short term memory to effect him on the next series. Same with me, overall I have the confidence, but when I have a few bad days, my confidence can take a hit(and bankroll).

As far as betting every race is concerned, I only bet the track I am working on, I do every thing necessary to get an edge over the public. I may take a race or two off each night, and I certainly back off the amounts wagered in races that I feel my edge may be on the weak side and there is less value.
There is an important distinction that has to be made here.

When a quarterback throws a bad interception, he may very well have made a bad mistake...but the horseplayer who loses a race, or even a string of races, often has made no mistake at all.

We often lose at the track not because of mistakes...but because we possess incomplete information about the horses we are betting on.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement