Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 04:24 AM   #26
Parkview_Pirate

I was very surprised the race wasn't halted/recalled. I haven't seen it very often with thoroughbreds, so maybe most tracks don't plan for it, but you see it in harness racing all the time. There were several jockeys looking around after the start, looking to me like they were expecting a signal to pull up the horses. It can introduce other problems, like when a horse breaks through the gate runs 3 furlongs, gets caught by an outrider, is reloaded, and then runs dead last after the restart.

Considering all the time and effort that goes into training a horse, as a trainer or owner I wouldn't be happy seeing my horse pushed on after an obviously flawed beginning. And obvious "no contest" ruling.

But at least KD did distribute $66,000 of the $90,000 purse to the connections, which was a pretty solid way to address the incident.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)