Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 07:35 PM   #8
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
The other 10 horses DID race and completed the race. The one horse overcame traffic to get up. Oh yeah, it never happened. At least that's what I assume. We know all wagers were refunded but I believe there was no purse distribution, and THAT is wrong.

The one horse overcame some traffic to get up and win, but won't collect that $54k portion of the purse. As bettors we get screwed plenty. In this case, the horsemen were screwed. Horses don't have unlimited bullets to fire. Brad Cox and Bridgmohan have reason to be upset.
The reason it basically has to go as a no contest (and I HATE no contests; for instance, I would never do them for spills) is that it isn't just the two horses behind the gate- because two horses were behind the gate, there's no way for sure that the other 10 jockeys were ready. They have the right to be a bit complacent when the gate hasn't been fully loaded.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)