Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 04:55 AM   #15
takeout

TOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingal
That's a good question.
I thought it was a fair question. They're not the CHRB and they're not the track owner, so why should they have any say in takeout rates?

Something I didn't understand about the first boycott (which I'm still on and will be for life, it looks like) is how switching pools and dumping money into a Pick 5 was going to get the point across. Obviously it didn't. I have much respect for all involved in the boycott but can't help thinking that had none of the Pick 5 money ever been bet, hence a more real boycott, then maybe some of the head cheeses might have “smelled the coffee”. As it happened, by being too nice and continuing to bet in the state, we didn't nip it in the bud and now they're giving us more of the same. To make matters worse, CD picked up on how easy we are and pulled the same crap. They need a real boycott, too.

There probably aren't enough of us serious about this to make an impact (casual players don't know what takeout is and whales probably just get fancier rebates) but how about a real boycott this time? NOT ONE PENNY AT ANY TRACK IN CALIFORNIA UNTIL THEY GET A CLUE! If they never do, then so be it. I've been boycotting so long I'm way past withdrawal pains.
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)