Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #802
Inner Dirt

I think the people against sports betting are out of touch with reality. People are going to do it whether it is legal or not. Whether they are using a bookie or an offshore account. Why not make it legal then regulate and tax it? I guarantee you if you eliminated all forms of sports betting legal and illegal viewership on the 4 major sports goes way down. Who watched the Saints play the Buccaneers in week 17? The diehard fans of both teams and anyone who had something riding on the game in one form or another. I mean your weekly $5 office pool where you pick all the games to see who gets the most winners is technically illegal. They should do a ratings sweep with anyone who ever watched a football, basketball, baseball or hockey game just because they had money on it told not to watch. The people who think gambling is evil would be shocked how much viewership goes down. I can honestly say the only ads that have influenced a purchase from me are the pizza ones, I am pretty sure I am not the only gambler that ordered a pizza after seeing a Poppa John's ad.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)