Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #15
pandy

1sters

I've had some of my best scores with longshot firsters. My rule for first time starters, longshots only, betting first time starters below 9-1 odds, rarely a good bet, trainer intent and win percentage with firsters, works, win early or speed pedigrees. Trainer intent is pretty basic, for instance a horse that debuts with blinkers is not prepping, it's a go. Two year olds debuting for top barns at Saratoga, Del Mar, are not prepping, the owners are there to watch their horse win. That's why even a patient trainer like Nick Zito has popped many two year old firsters at Saratoga over the years.

A bullet work or fast gate work, not prepping, trying to win. I also like to bet firsters from barns that are suddenly winning with firsters. For instance, John Sadler used to be terrible with firsters then a few years ago he got hot with firsters and has stayed hot.

But streaks can end. John Kimmel was once the best firster trainer in New York, now he rarely wins with a firster.

A good way to catch boxcar prices, high dosage in sprints, 3.00 or higher, many winners that pay between $40 and $100 right out of the box. Horses bred for speed win far more often first time out than horses bred for stamina.

Workout reports can help, for instance, Zenyatta's debut was amazing, I bet her because the clocker reports raved about her and said that she was finishing her workouts very fast and on her own, breezing. Breezes are always more impressive than handily.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)