Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
usfgeology

Synthetic shippers

With the new season at Tampa Bay Downs getting into the swing of things, we're obviously getting a lot of summer shippers down to Florida for the winter meet.

We've got a lot of young horses shipping in and many of them have never run in Tampa. I've noticed there are quite a few horses that are coming down from Presque which have never raced on turf or dirt.

I've found a decent amount of research from a few years back when poly tracks were just getting installed discussing the merits of various dirt-to-poly or turf-to-poly angles, but very little regarding the opposite.

I'm keeping an eye on it this meet to formulate my own opinion regarding "poly only"-to-Tampa shippers, but is there any consensus regarding evaluating past performances on poly to a race being run on dirt/turf for the first time for a particular horse?
usfgeology is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)