Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 11:17 AM   #26
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Did you pay for all the framing lumber at peak prices? I think it has dropped to half peak now, but still double of normal. I think about the only item to build a house with that has not went sky high is drywall and drywall mud.
Long story, dirt. Purchased and stored several components -custon amish-made cabinets, siding, metal roofing, hardwood flooring-almost two years ago, which actually may amount to savings on those items. Bought wood package about one month ago-just when price started to come down. Trusses entailed separate cost and were delivered at re-priced reduction of almost 20% one week ago.

Had nasty falling out early last year with amish clan originally committed to build, and was so lucky to find highly regarded builder not only putting house up quickly, but incorporating my materials while guiding me through money-saving process of hiring sub-contractors for electric, plumbing, drywall, etc..
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)