Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 06:35 PM   #7
MJC922

It can be a very long day if not done right. Finding a free bench to sit on last year wasn't easy for myself and my sons. Once you get way down there at the top of the stretch the grandstand has some benches around the escalators and as long as you don't mind sitting on a coating of soot it's all yours for the taking. Handicapping on opening day was a challenge, off the turf, back on, off the turf back on, wth. Heavy cigar smokers outside by rail. Concessions are a bleed out but that's to be expected. $6 bottle of water. lol

Years ago I went with my aunt and uncle in the 80s and they did it right. We had the breakfast, did the tour, had a hotel close by, had reserved seats etc... it's a great experience if you have the money and do it right. It's like Disney, there are ways to do it right but it may take you some time to figure it out. However if you just roll in like I have the past few times I'd have been much better off at the Teletheater in Albany. Is that still around? I was considering it, or maybe Presque Isle.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)