Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Stupid Pools
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 09:47 AM   #89
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post
Welcome back Bello and best of luck to you!

Congrats to the lone winner of the Buckeye Pick 6 today! It paid $31,187. Not really that hard to get to IMO. The results for each leg were:
Race 3: $6.60
Race 4: $11.00
Race 5: $4.80
Race 6: $10.40
Race 7: $4.20
Race 8: $8.00 (My top pick on my tipsheet. Morning Line was 8-1).

Pacific Image, winner of 8 races in 2017, won his 1st race of 2018 easily in Race 2.

RR
Circumstances greatly favored Pacific Image. The rail post figured a tomb for Gold Ekati, a suspect gate horse who had come away poorly from the inside once or twice on form, but broke like a shot last time when narrowly beating the Gary Johnson runner.

Perhaps ominously, Gold Ekati, with two(?) dnf's on form, not to mention a glaring year-plus away from action at one point, switched leads in a somewhat belated manner yesterday. Would love to see a rubber match, and my gut says Gold Ekati remains the slightly better horse. But post positions and the break call would weigh heavily on the outcome, and Pacific Image strikes me as likelier to hold form.

My real score yesterday, however, was that 9-8 exacta in the open 10 at 5-fur. What in the WORLD do people who bet the 1-horse use for brains??? Given the distinct possibility that Bebopaleon would outfoot him, and the obvious path-trend in play, the J Rad speedball had zero shot. The winner exploited a perfect trip enhanced by a slick rating job, but stayed leftie and won with difficulty

Last edited by mountainman; 02-15-2018 at 09:51 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)