Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Stupid Pools
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 12:50 AM   #88
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post
The Valentine's Day card at MVR is a nice one. Purses average over 17K for the 8 races. There are 2 open 10K races, 2 Maiden Special Weights, 1 open the other for Ohio Breds. A Starter Allowance with a 16K purse featuring Pacific Image who won 8 races in 2017. One Maiden Claiming race, one conditioned claiming race and the other a Non-winners of 3 lifetime claiming race. Each of those 3 races have at least 10K in total purse money. Purses were raised by 5% at the start of 2018.

Just look to Gulfstream that has a steady diet of $6250 claimers on dirt or $16K conditioned turf races or California that has equally low level claimers running daily.

I can think of only 4 horses that have broken down and had to be put down since the meet opened last October. No racing occurred for over 10 straight days in January due to freezing rain, ice and heavy snow. The track maintenance is superb. The biases can change in a heart beat. With the constant freezing and thawing this time of year, handicapping is a true challenge. Stick with it boys!

RR
Loved today's card and capitalized by virtue of the distinct bias. But higher-grade programs are to be expected for awhile as a result of mvr's better horses having been "starved out" by the spate of cancellations. (and should not be overrated as a positive omen)

After 29 years experience writing and filling races, I'm sure I look at different barometers than most handicappers, but I don't think the arrow is pointed up.

Let me stress that the office crew should not shoulder blame. Those guys do a nice job and have been bombarded by enough negative rumors. And I commend the director's pro-active approach in monitoring the quality of mvr racing.

Hope your play has been profitable. Late tote movement based on bias still occurring.

Last edited by mountainman; 02-15-2018 at 12:55 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)