Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #63
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
You are reacting to an opinion that shows some pretty extreme personal bias.

Someone who consistently refers to jockey's as "pinheads" and "little pukes" has hardly established themselves as able to display objectivity in the matter.
What is there to be objective about? I agree with safety issues, but totally disagree with cheap grandstanding act they pulled. The Guild ambushed the NTRA and NYRA Saturday, and the claim they made were preposterous! ( to use Steve Byk's words today).

Respect is earned.
They lost respect this weekend by acting like.....little pukes.

Byk made a good point today - the BS about needing a concussion protocol. The jocks are not united on that one. Mike Smith gets thrown in the third race Saturday, so he has to not ride the rest of the day. He loses the mount on Justify. You think the top riders are going to go for that?

Act like professional adults and stop the grandstanding is all I am saying. I have no problem standing up for them when they do. BUt the door swings both ways - act like pinheads and I will call you pinheads.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)