Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 09:45 AM   #123
Boomer

Okay, In no particular order and memories attached to each.

Geez....Is this list the sign of a degenerate or what? I was lucky enough to do lots of business and personal travel and often planned trips around racetracks. This is just harness and thoroughbreds, I I added greyhound tracks it would get ridiculous

1. Roosevelt Raceway...Where it all began, where it ISN'T today.

So true....where my life as a degenerate began...Apt logo for generations of us.

2. Freestate/ Laurel Raceway...not to be confused with Laurel racecourse. Nothing special about this place other than it was close to Columbia MD where I moved in the late '70s

3.Bowie Racecourse...Cold Weather racing....Follow the signs to Glen Bernie...Spent many weekends there with my neighbor Victor. Tough being single and having another horse player living right next door. Days at Bowie nights at the PUB in Columbia MD ( when Freestate was coosed of course)

4. FreeState/Foxboro race course....Stopping ground down Route 1 in the 6 months I lived in Easton Ma.

5. Hinsdale...Would make the trek to Hinsdale many Sundays from Ma. when I lived there. One day they had the NH lottery Grand Prize there and finalists were given number 1-8 with the grand prize going to the winner of the designated race.

6. Rockingham Park...One of my favorites. Always combined a family trip here with time at Canobie Lake

7. Scarboro Downs...recently closed. I would rent a cabin for a month at Old Orchard Beach. Days at the beach...Nights at Scabby Downs. WATCH THE MOSQUITOS

to be continued....
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)