Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 10:29 PM   #44
Si2see

Absolutely, and one thing I would like to add I gravitated toward contests a few years back because for me handicapping isn't the hard part... without trying to sound rude at all Twitter practically blew up when my local track handicapper finally pegged a 6-1 top pick in what must have been the 3rd or 4th week of the meet. In all honesty if I only land on one 6-1 in 3 weeks handicapping each race I would quit and never go back to a race track.

However, my weakness and the hard part for me is the wagering even after all of this time I still have a hard time capitalizing the maximum amount and sometimes even cashing at all even if I am dead right with the winner or horses, I always seem to mess something up with the wagering for years now.

This is also why unless I win an entry somehow you won't see me in the BCBC OR many other live money tournaments.

My favorite live money tournament which I hope they bring back is the Laurel $300 buy in, $200 of which is your live money to bet with, you must best 10 bets or more at minimum of $20 Win or Place or Show however you can play as many races or as much of your bankroll as you wish.

To my this is still a handicapping contest where you play your best opinions the heaviest, however when you start throwing ex and tri into the mix like most live money contests now, almost every single one you will see someone just meet the minimum race requirements and then they hit $50 straight trifecta or $500 straight exacta.... God bless them for being able to do that but I will never hit a straight bet like that and IMO it isn't handicapping I call all of those tournaments betting challenges and you wont see me play many if any because I wouldn't stand a chance.
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)