Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 08:40 PM   #31
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si2see View Post
Thank you, and so cool yes I am Jason Phillips, curious what Afleet name is as I met most of the final table members, and if you say you were not nervous at all either then I know at least one guy you are NOT because I thought he was going to fall out a few times he all but said he was going to . I also wore my old Colonial Downs trucker hat at final table.

Yes I used Stats Race Lens, NOT for my handicapping. The reason I bought Stats program before going, and tweaked it some at Colonial the week before I flew out because I hadn't used it since my last Vegas contest which had to be HPWS 2019 I think, is because Stats is a terrific contest prep tool and so much time savings, I load certain angles or race types so it flags and I know to be sure not to miss that race or horse. It is also fantastic because you can customize a lot of the program to your liking however you prefer the info displayed highlighted, etc. Lastly, you can watch the replays with a click of a button right on the horse running line just click the date and replay comes up within a second.

However, I have used Brisnet pps for years, straight up pencil and paper style handicapping but on my computer. I am self taught since 17 years old ( 19 years now ) and I have been developing my game ever since. I have to give a massive shout out to one of my best friend's Mike ( aka PICSIX ). For years around the Richmond area I was known as one of the best turf handicappers around, that is due to teaching myself at Colonial..... However I was horrible at dirt racing other than the stakes races. Mike knew this and thought it was because I might be seeing the races and landing on closers like I normally would on turf, and we learned it's because I had trouble really seeing speed or lack of speed in a race, so he helped me work on that for a few years.

Ultimately I have said for years, maybe on here even, that I can handicap with anyone on any given day. I am not scared to go against a single person in the room in these style tournaments. Ultimately the horses have to run regardless, and if they do it is all about making the least amount of mistakes as possible. If they don't run that contest weekend it really doesn't matter anyway.

Jason
Congratulations! I was really nervous at the end Saturday. I was calmer on Sunday-at least i thought I was. I've never seen stat lens, but I knew they were promoting the highest finisher using stat lens gets $10k-I was tempted to try it. I dont know if we spoke. Due to covid iwasnt sure whether to shake peoples hands. I did say to Sarah she always beats me in the contests

Last edited by Afleet; 09-01-2021 at 08:43 PM.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement