Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #19
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetup View Post
Yippee.

Post race comments from those clueless (and/or silent) pre-race.

And, as expected, some repeat offenders.

I learn so much here.
A post race analysis of one race IS a pre race analysis of the next race.

I have no problem telling you my thoughts AGAIN considering I wrote about 5 posts worth of Derby post race analysis and we even discussed it.

I thought Always Dreaming was the most likely winner of the Preakness, but I was unsure how good he was. He put away all the other speeds in a fast pace in the Derby, but given that Battle of Midway hung around also it appeared to me that a lot of the quality closers were disadvantaged by ground loss and mud.

I thought the horse for him to beat out that race was Classic Empire who lost position at the start and more ground than any of the closers he had already beaten in the Derby.

I bet Conquest Mo Money because I thought he was better than Classic Empire in the Arkansas Derby. He did most of the dirty work up front in a race I rated as favoring closers. So My feeling was that at 10-1 he probably fit well enough with Classic Empire to get a piece and I could use him. He did not run as well as I expected.

I thought Cloud Computing was better than he looked on paper off the Wood because he got away a length slow, raced wide, and made up ground on a day I made as favoring inside speed. But I did not think that performance was good enough to get the win yesterday. I still don't. I think he's a lightly raced horse that was better than he looked but he also jumped up for a great trainer over the last 6 weeks and got a good setup yesterday. That's my pre race analysis for him next time. He's good and getting better, but was not best yesterday.

You made an excellent pick, but there is nothing wrong with analyzing races after they are run. I do it privately and publicly. That's how you find your next bet.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 05-21-2017 at 01:17 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement