Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: W O W ! ! ! !
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 06:49 PM   #233
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithw84 View Post
I was obsessed with Rachel, and a fan (but not Kool-Aid drinker) of Zenyatta. When Rachel didn't regain her 3 yo form, I remember wondering if I would be as interested in the sport without her competing. Turns out I can just relive all the RA/Z debates that raged when I first got really into this message board.

Makes two of us with Rachel. I remember the announcement that she was coming to the haskell and i damn near lost it. Same day i reserved a table in the picnic area. The weather could have been better with the rain but she didnt disappoint.

I then remember her coming back to run in the lady secret. That weekend I was in AC. Was up all night that Friday and woke up in a complete mess at like 8am. Decided screw it, got in the car and drove up to monmouth to see her run again. Needless to say it was a rough day, i remember it feeling like it was one of the hottest days ever with the humidity, and im sure the hangover didnt help.

The rachel/zenyatta match up was one i would have killed to see. When rachel came back the following year you could tell she wasnt the same. Kind of glad it didnt happen at that time. Always one of my time all favorites.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)