Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #123
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I think it's a matter of deciding what criteria is important to you and choosing only those tracks that fulfill that to invest your wagering dollars. check all that on the HANA website

My local is Oaklawn and checks all the boxes for me for Live Racing. It is getting a bit crowded there now so I buy season reserved parking, but rarely buy seats because I like to be outdoors or down at the live paddocks. .

I play Hong Kong in the evenings when I feel like staying up late. I like Prairie Meadows, too. I think I might try to learn KY Downs next year.

I don't play many tracks anymore, and certainly not where I'm only going to get exacta payouts in the 'teens and sub-teens.

I concentrate on those where I am very familiar with the track, the jockey and trainer colonies. I think stepping too far outside of that is a good way to lose $$.

So, sticking with 3 U.S. tracks works for me.
I think you have the perfect attitude for the semi-serious horseplayer. You found what works for you, you're enjoying playing, and you know where your money is best invested. I'm not sure what else you can ask from racing in 2018 if it's your hobby.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)