Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:15 AM   #9260
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The Word of God is not material knowledge. It is spiritual truth!
Words can be altered, manipulated and misrepresented. Therefore they can never be spiritual truth. That is only available through experience.

Quote:
Your "religion" or "spirituality" or whatever you want to call it is not factual since it's all subjectively based on your personal feelings and experiences which cannot be seen or examined or assessed by others objectively. In other words, it's all subjective horse manure!
And that's the same argument atheists make against your experience. Try to be original.

Quote:
You are just like these rebellious, unbelieving, arrogant, self-serving, pompous Pharisees who never believed Jesus' words -- and they didn't believe because they did not have the love of God in their dark, evil hearts. Just like them, neither do you have the eternal Word of God abiding in you.
I have an extremely close relationship with Jesus. But thank you for asking.

Quote:
What is my evil that I do? What is my sin? That I share Jesus' Message of Life with my neighbor? Sharing the gospel with my neighbor is an act of love.
There's nothing wrong with that. But you do it for all the wrong reasons. One is to prompt up your ego and the other is to condemn everyone to Hell. Not the PR Jesus would use today.

Quote:
But what is wrong with "self-righteousness"?
The answer is all around you. Everyone thinks they are right and where does that leave us? At eachother's throats. That's why Jesus said to Love your enemy.

Quote:
So how did Jesus' martyrdom (or did you change that to "sacrifice") on the Cross free people from their "illusions"? How does that work practically?
For starters, Jesus showed by example that you can forgive your worst enemy, in Jesus's case, his murderers. That shows that the illusion of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is an illusion with a viscous cycle and the only way out of the illusion is through forgiveness.

Quote:
No! If there were no depraved, evil hearts in this world there would be no sin!
Evil comes from illusion.

Quote:
So, tell us: Is evil an illusion?
Yes, Because it was created out of illusion. Evil needs good. It cannot stand on its own,has no light of its own. Good does not need evil.

Quote:
Well, how cool is that!? No one has anything to worry about because everyone naturally thinks he is better than everyone else. Everyone naturally thinks he's a pretty darn good Joe.
I never said anything close to the stupidity you just wrote. Reread.

Quote:
How do I hurt myself? God's Word itself reveals this. I didn't select myself or anyone else. God does that.
The reason I KNOW you are not "specially chosen" is because your ego obviously rules you and ego is the creator of illusion and the main barrier to God. That's also how it "hurts you".

Quote:
And besides, I thought a god who loves unconditionally let's everyone in his heaven?
Please try to keep the dialog accurate.

You said "So, yes...Heaven is the last stop" I said "Not for you" That does not mean you don't get into Heaven. It means its not the last stop.

Quote:
But apart from this nasty problem, how doesn't that act of forgiveness guarantee everyone's entrance into heaven or the good life or whatever you want to call it, regardless of the life we live in this world? Explain that to me!
Funny, you answered your own question in the next part with minor corrections.

Quote:
Jesus' unconditional love motivated his unconditional forgiveness, that kind of love and forgiveness guarantee eternal bliss and happiness for all people, in the distributive sense, after death

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)